Monday, July 20, 2009

Very Thankful

Happy Monday morning to you! Regret my absence since Wednesday - things have been crazy around here. Too many things to do and not enough time to create! How many of you golf? Well, I certainly don't but that didn't stop my husband from taking me to the course on Saturday. I'm terrible! And playing 9 holes after a one & a half hour kickboxing class with nothing to eat? Take my word on it...don't do it!!

Anyhow, I think this is one of the CUTEST new sets in the catalogue! It's called Very Thankful and you'll find it on the back cover. It's this year's Ronald McDonald House Charities set and I love it! Stampin' Up! sends a donation to RMHC with every purchase of this set.

For this card I used the little turtle guy (I'm just in love with turtles these days!) and I used my Basic Black marker to ink up just the wagons, stamped those multiple times and then finished off with the turtle attached. I just drew some lines free-hand to connect all the wagons. The turtle is coloured with markers in Glorious Green, Gable Green and Green Galore, hearts are done in Real Red, and finally the wagon is outlined in Brilliant Blue and Summer Sun. I cleaned off my stamp and inked the "very thankful" separately to use it on the left side. I used my Big Shot and a Texturz Plate for the background in Brilliant Blue as well as for the smallest piece of Brilliant Blue. Sanding blocks along the top help to bring out the dry embossing too! A couple of buttons from the Fresh Favorites collection and there you have it!
If my little guy permits, I'll be spending some time down here to create a different card using this set this afternoon.

But I'll definitely see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Click here to connect to my Stampin' Up! website:

Order Online