Thursday, July 23, 2009

Very Thankful (a little different)

As promised, here's a different card using the same "Very Thankful" stamp set. I figured the previous one was cutesy, so I should try a little elegance for this one. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out!

I stamped the peacock in Basic Black on the Whisper White card stock. Using a scrap piece of Whisper White, I coloured random sections of different colours with my new In Color markers. You heard me right, MARKERS!!

I stamped the peacock again in Basic Black over top of where I had coloured so some of the colours would show through the stamped image. Originally, I cut out the entire peacock (body, neck, head) but I didn't like that look, so I used just the tail portion and popped it off the page with a couple of dimensionals. I cut strips of Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry and Crushed Curry to layer behind. That's our black gingham ribbon attached with an Ice Rhinestone brad.

Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Erin Morley said...

very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Love this card....

Click here to connect to my Stampin' Up! website:

Order Online