Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Embrace Life

Good morning! This is a very delicate card in my opinion! Very intricate and detailed, but fairly simple to create. The images come from the "Embrace Life" stamp set. Colours used on today's card are Rose Red, Brilliant Blue and Whisper White. I used Rose Red to stamp the flowers on the background of the card, but used markers to colour the same set of flowers for the Whisper White piece. When you're using markers you can ink only the portions of the stamp that you want, use multiple different colours and stamp once. When using multiple colours, you'll want to "huff" on the stamp to re-moisten the ink to ensure it stamp a quality image. So, that's what I did here. I also used Whisper White grosgrain ribbon - I know what you're thinking, "Ummm, Kim, the ribbon is blue!" I rarely buy different colours of ribbon in our 1/4" size. For the most part, I buy a tonne of the Whisper White and use my ink pad and a sponge to dye the ribbon whatever colour I want that day. I also pulled out my crimper and crimped about half of the Brilliant Blue layer. Stamped the sentiment in Brilliant Blue in the bottom right-hand corner and there you have it!
Enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Click here to connect to my Stampin' Up! website:

Order Online