Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A little weaving


Good morning! I'm in a bit of pain this morning...last night while I was half asleep, my darling little kitten (she's a fat cat) was sleeping at my feet. Apparently, she didn't like me rolling over and she dug her claws into the bottom of my foot like you wouldn't believe. Yup, even drew blood! Wow, it hurts!
Anyways, I wanted to show you a card that we made for my Girls' Night club.
The colours are certainly celery, apricot appeal and a wee bit of chocolate chip. Used the Big Shot to dry emboss the background after we used the brayer to apply some certainly celery ink. Also used birds & blooms die for the Big Shot for the flower. I just love layers!
The weaving technique is simple:
A piece of cardstock for the base
6 pieces of short ribbon (SAB - sorry!)
3 pieces of long ribbon (SAB - sorry!)
You adhere the short pieces along the top/back of the card stock and do the same thing with the long pieces on the side/back. From there, just adhere the pieces as you weave them over and under, I use adhesive throughout the entire process. Adhere the leftover length to the back side of the card stock and then adhere to the front of your card. It's that easy!
See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the weaving!! Very cute card!!

Becky

Click here to connect to my Stampin' Up! website:

Order Online