Sunday, August 2, 2009

Some more scrapbooking

I suppose you can tell what I've been doing with my long weekend!?
With half the family out of the house and a small prince who naps twice a day, I've been getting some serious work done around here. Fun work, that is!

I had talked about using the Color Wheel as a very trustworthy tool for determining colour combos the other day, well, another idea is using our Designer Series Paper as the starting point. This colour combo is Basic Black, Perfect Plum, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive. Taken from Cast-A-Spell on page 161 of the catalogue. I used Perfect Plum DSP, Old Olive textured card stock, 8 1/2 x 11 card stock in Pumpkin Pie and (I'm sorry!) but I couldn't find any 12 x 12 Basic Black card stock, so I had to use what I had on hand in the retired Rockabilly Speciality DSP. But it did give me the opportunity to do the "opposite stripes" look with this layout. To say I went a little crazy with the brads would be an understatement...there's a combo of black (from the vintage collection), fire and ice rhinestones. The flash of the camera took away the colours, but they sure are shiny! I used my Big Shot to create the title using Timeless Type Junior Alphabet (yup, love it!!) and there's some black gingham ribbon. Can you believe I don't have a single Halloween stamp set?!?! I love Halloween and seem to no longer have even any retired sets left. Gotta go rewrite my wish list...enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Click here to connect to my Stampin' Up! website:

Order Online