Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Simple Challenge

Hello there!

So, I challenged myself to create something simple. Not a tonne of layers, not a lot of techniques, not a lot of embellishments, not a lot of stamping. Turns out, I didn't have a lot of motivation, nor a lot of inspiration, and I was not winning the war against stamper's block.

This card was started last night. I had a couple of concepts in my head, but those of you who know me, know that what's in my head and what actually makes it onto the page are two completely different things! Needless to say, it wasn't working! So, I jumped on the computer to blog hop. Wow! There's a lot of wonderful, fantastic and beautiful work out there! I finally found a layout that I wanted to CAS' (Thanks to Harriet Skelly) and I got to work.
Well, kinda...
It just wasn't getting onto the page. Argh! I left it on the table right where it was!!

I was up tossing and turning last night, thinking about this stinkin' card!!

This morning I came downstairs renewed, re-energized, ready! And it only took me 15 minutes - start to finish!!

Colours used are Soft Suede, Elegant Eggplant, Ruby Red and Very Vanilla. The DSP is Autumn Traditions. Stamp set is Warm Words inked in Soft Suede. Button comes from the Button Latte collection, which you can get for free when you purchase $45 from the Growing Up section of the idea book & catalogue.

And there's a little something special about the button. Thanks to Andrea Walford for this cute little tip! Instead of having thread in multiple colours, she suggests using tiny strips of card stock, so your button is always co-ordinated! Super simple - thread through the front of the button, mini-glue dot on the back to hold down the paper and snip the extras off the ends! How cool is that!?!?

Click here to connect to my Stampin' Up! website:

Order Online