Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rose Red


Turns out it's my favourite colour! I find myself reaching for it time and time again!

This card uses the All in the Family set, I do enjoy the versatility of this set! But it also features our Sticky Cuts Letters, Rose Red DSP, the 1 3/8" circle punch and the Scallop Circle punch. To make the letter all a-glitter is easy. Sticky Cuts letters come on a 12" x 12" sheet and have "backing" on both sides. They're basically die cut, so you just have to pop them out of the large sheet without removing either one of the backings. Once it's popped out, I remove the backing from the side I want to be glittery and lay it down on a sheet of copy paper. I pour the glitter over top of the entire letter, fold the copy paper in half to smoosh (getting the visual?) the glitter right into the letter, open up the copy paper, pull the letter out and pour the glitter right back into the container. Once I'm ready to put the letter onto my card, I remove the backing from the other side and it's done! And super pretty I might add!!!
The rest of the card is pretty simple. A couple different patterns of DSP, a strip of Whisper White to separate the DSP, a couple scraps that I hand-wrote "is" & "for" onto and I used my marker to ink up only the word "birthday".
I stamped, coloured and then cut out the birthday hat so it would pop off the card a tiny bit and so it would look like she was actually wearing it.

What's your favourite colour?

No comments:

Click here to connect to my Stampin' Up! website:

Order Online