Saturday, August 15, 2009

Big Shot - Matchbox

Sticking to a "box" theme I suppose...here's a picture of some matchbox favours I created for a wedding shower.

There's 2 stamp sets used, Fifth Avenue Floral and Yummy (which was a Sale-A-Bration set). I used the Matchbox Bigz XL die in my Big Shot to create all the boxes, the base is Chocolate Chip and the part that wraps around is Bashful Blue. I kept the Bashful Blue piece of card stock large enough that it would cut out the tags at the same time. I used my Chocolate Chip marker to ink up just the words on the Yummy set for the message and then sponged the edges of the tag. There's Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon wrapped around the box and a vintage brad holding the tag on the ribbon.

Cool thing about the Matchbox die? You don't need any adhesive to hold the base together, it folds perfectly and keeps itself in shape. A bit of SNAIL on one edge of the outer wrapped portion of the box and that's it!

Wish me luck - a 1.5 hour kickboxing class ahead of me!

No comments:

Click here to connect to my Stampin' Up! website:

Order Online