Monday, August 3, 2009

Asian Artistry

Here's a little something that is a little outside my comfort zone. I don't use a lot of "pretty" flowers in my cards, usually very commercial/contemporary or not at all. But I decided to try something different.

I used Asian Artistry, which is a Level 2 Hostess set. Which means you can earn it free when you host a workshop.
The colours are Elegant Eggplant, Rose Red, Old Olive and Very Vanilla. I watercoloured the main flower image using markers and a blender pen. The grass was done with an Old Olive stamp pad. For the sentiment, I used my Basic Black marker to "break" out the stamp, inked each section and stamped separately onto 3/8" twill tape. I used Ice Rhinestone brads to secure it to the front of my card.

Enjoy what's left on your long weekend!

No comments:

Click here to connect to my Stampin' Up! website:

Order Online