Sunday, September 20, 2009

Stars & Circles

My apologies for not posting yesterday! Busy day at the apple orchard!! What a great day for it though! Beautiful, gorgeous weather here in Southern Ontario!

Here's a card that I had to try out after I saw it in the new PaperCrafts mag!

Colours used are Whisper White, Night of Navy and Brocade Blue. I used some DSP from the Print Patterns III (hostess) in Night of Navy, 2 sizes of star punches and the 1 3/8" circle punch. There's one strip of Night of Navy that I sponged with White Craft ink and layered some 5/8" grosgrain ribbon on it. Popped the circles off with Pop-Up Glue Dots, a dimensional under each of the large stars. I used 2 silver brads to secure the small star to the large stars for the left and right ones and a rhinestone brad from the Pretties set to secure the centre one. Stamped a simple and elegant "happy birthday" in Night of Navy from "Birthdays Count". I don't care that it's retired, it's my absolute favourite Happy Birthday to use! ;)

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

gbarron56 said...

Awesome job with this sketch. I love the fall colors and the way you colored in the leaves -- Just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspiration in Action! Blessings, Gretchen -- www.gretchenbarron.typepad.com

Click here to connect to my Stampin' Up! website:

Order Online