Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A complete departure

Wow! This card was difficult for me to do!

Those who know me, know how much I LOVE blue and silver for Christmas. Well, I have the Night & Day Specialty DSP from the mini and just adore the window sheets. I wanted to use the Serene Snowflakes, but wanted to include the DSP as well. For me - this was crazy! Black on a snowflake!?!?! No, no, no, no!

Here's how it panned out:
I used Kraft, Bermuda Bay and Basic Black. I stamped the snowflakes in Bermuda Bay and popped out a 1/2" circle in Bermuda Bay card stock, on which I filled in some dots with my Basic Black marker. I took a 1 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of Bermuda Bay CS for along the bottom, but needed to secure the Window Sheet to it! So, I punched some holes using my 1/16" hole punch and used a needle to help with the Linen Thread. The sentiment was done with markers (Merry in Basic Black and Christmas in Bermuda Bay). I sponged both the Kraft pieces on all the edges in Basic Black. And there's a couple dimensionals behind the sentiment piece as well.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Click here to connect to my Stampin' Up! website:

Order Online