Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Birthday...

...to my baby sister! Muah!

Here's the card I made for her to celebrate her day. I know what you're thinking...that's an awful lot of blue! It's her FAVOURITE colour, so I went all out!

It's a wee bit detailed, so here goes:

Colours used: Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue and Whisper White
I used markers in Brocade Blue and Bashful Blue to colours random squares on the Night of Navy DSP. Cool effect, eh? I stamped out 3 cakes and the cake holder from the On a Pedestal stamp set in all three colours onto Whisper White card stock. Cut each of those pieces out and used Crystal Effects to secure the micro beads. Ribbon is 5/8" grosgrain in Brocade Blue & 1/2" striped grosgrain in Bashful Blue and I tied the two together at one end. There's tiny strips of co-ordinating card stock "sewn" onto the buttons (that little trick I showed you a little while ago), and 2 of those buttons are from Playground and the other, I'm not quite sure;) Stamped out happy birthday from the Birthdays Count (retired, but remember I told you - I don't care!) onto Whisper White and layered it onto Brocade Blue. I used mini glue dots to secure that piece and the buttons to the card. Finally, I coloured the candles in Brocade Blue & Summer Sun, cut them out and put a tiny bit of Crystal Effects on the flames.

And...that's it! Enjoy!

Click here to connect to my Stampin' Up! website:

Order Online