Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A little "pop" of colour!

When I saw this layout, I just fell in love. The "army" side of me couldn't help but adore the gridwork look to it!
But, I was making a birthday card and felt a little morbid after a stamped a black cupcake!!

I decided to use my Stampin' Write markers to colour each of the letters in a different colour to make it "pop"! After I stamped that, I just knew I would colour the cupcake to reflect that same feeling.

Colours used are: Basic Black, Whisper White, Basic Grey, Real Red, Lovely Lilac & Green Galore. I used the 1 3/8" square punch for most of the squares, but had to trim down the far right squares to 1 3/8" x 1" to make them fit. I also used the new Modern Label punch for the sentiment and some silver brads to finish it off.

And I actually got a very nice compliment on the card from my husband! What's that all about!?!!?

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Click here to connect to my Stampin' Up! website:

Order Online